Phuket Sightseeing + Tiger
The Tiger Kingdom is another great combination of tourism with wildlife preservation.
The tiger population in Thailand has been decreasing every year. It’s estimated that only around 120 tigers still inhabit the wild. The projections are more catastrophic. Specialists argue that it’s just a matter of time before tigers are completely extinguished from the wild. As human population grows, areas in which tigers can live freely diminish. Tiger-human contact becomes inevitable and, as a treat to, for example, pastoral communities, tigers are commonly hunted down and killed.
The Tiger Kingdom aims to increase the tiger population through captive breeding. These tigers, however, are not prepared to inhabit the wild and therefore, are faded to remain in captive from birth to death, which, given the current situation, it’s understood to be better than no tigers at all. Since the tigers have been born in captive and fed a special diet of milk and chicken, they tend to be less aggressive than tigers in the wild. Captive tigers, therefore, can be visited by tourists, who pay a considerable amount of money to spend around 10-15 minutes with them. The proceeds from tourism allows Tiger Kingdom to increase the tiger population through captive breeding, as well as improve the overall living conditions of the tigers through the acquisition of larger areas for them to roam around. Currently, the Tiger Kingdom has over 100 tigers in captive
"The Tiger Kingdom is a relatively new addition to the group of attractions in the Kathu area a part of Phuket. If you want to get up close with real live fully grown tigers then this is the trip to join.
Morning: Pick up 08.00 - 13.00
Afternoon: Pick up 13.00 - 17.30
|Pick up from your hotel|
|Kata View Point|
|Play with baby elephant|
|Coffee break at duty shop|
|Cashew Nut Factory|
Tiger Kingdom (Medium or Small)
|Arrive back to your hotel|
Terms & Conditions
- Big Tiger can be allowed only the age over 18 years old and the height over 160 cm.
- Medium Tiger can be allowed only the age over 17 years old and the height 160 cm.
- Small Tiger can be allowed only the age over 16 years old and the height 150 cm.
- Smallest Tiger can be allowed only the height over 120 cm and should be accompany with adult.
- Person who needs wheelchair and walking stick can NOT get inside the cage of Tiger.
- A child under 3 years old is free of charge travelling with the parent.
- Premiun Service Charge
- Local Vat 7%